Meet Sudipta Roy, an enthusiastic engineer from Ascendion based in Kolkata. Known for his unwavering passion, Sudipta immerses himself in the world of Bengali fiction and holds “Biswas Ghatak” by Narayan Sanyal close to his heart as one of his favorite novels. As a true food aficionado from the vibrant city of Kolkata, he savors every culinary delight that comes his way. Another thing about him is that he values being punctual.
Sudipta has been an integral part of Ascendion for almost two years. We recently met him for a candid conversation, and here’s what we found out about him, his work, his aspirations, and his interests.
How it all began
I got hooked on computer science during my school days, and it only got stronger when I aced the subject in my class 12 board exams. That’s when I knew that I wanted to pursue a career in computer science.
During my days in engineering, I found great pleasure in delving into the world of C language. It quickly became a forte of mine, and I was convinced it would benefit my future career. But as fate would have it, life threw me a curveball.
I was unexpectedly assigned a Java project when I landed my first job. Initially, I faced some hurdles while navigating through the intricacies of this new language. However, I eventually cracked the Java code with the support of an extensive training program, invaluable guidance from mentors, and my determination to acquire knowledge through self-learning. I triumphed over the challenges that came my way.
Architecting the future with Ascendion AVA
I have been presented with this opportunity at Ascendion to develop Ascendion AVA, an AI-backed digital platform that accelerates engineering outcomes and results in:
- Improved test coverages, test execution automation, and test efficiency
- Accessible user experience
- Efficient Machine Learning operations
- Optimized cloud services spending and
- Engineering excellence
I joined the Ascendion AVA team and was tasked to develop the core platform module followed by other modules like:
- Intelligent Cloud Economics (ICE) to help optimize and mitigate clients’ cloud costs.
- Intelligent Test Automation (ITA) to auto-generate QA test fields based on client requirements.
- Artificial Intelligent Powered Operations (AIPO) to manage the complex ticketing process in operations by automating it with AI
The enthralling part about the overall development is the tech stack my team, and I are working on to build Ascendion AVA. The tech stack includes the technologies and languages like Java, Spring Boot, Maven, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, Azure, AWS, Redis, Neo4J, Scylla, MongoDB, etc. Working with product owners and DevOps team who manages our infrastructure and code deployments has made working on the project modules a breeze.
What excites me at Ascendion is that my career trajectory here perfectly aligns with my personal goals. Currently, I’m leading Product Development. But my sights are set on becoming a Product Architect shortly. I have already begun interacting with Architects for my project in North America. With the assured guidance of my mentor, my goals are well within my grasp.
What excites me at Ascendion is that my career trajectory here perfectly aligns with my personal goals. Currently, I’m leading Product Development. But my sights are set on becoming a Product Architect in the near future. I have already begun interacting with Architects for my project in North America. With the assured guidance of my mentor, my goals are well within my grasp.
Why Ascendion and I are a match?
Constantly adding to my repertoire is something that I’ve always done. So, when I learned that continuous Learning is widely encouraged at Ascendion, I was thrilled. One of the company values, ‘Relentlessly Curious,’ matches my value too.
At Ascendion, we all believe that to create world-class software, more than upskilling is needed; we need a wholesome learning experience through mentorship, pet projects, peer-to-peer Learning, certifications, etc. That’s why we created Ascendion Circles, a community of practice model focussed on creating the masters of the craft.
I am part of the Platform and Product Engineering Circle. It has enabled me to work on Generative AI, a subset of deep Learning and a type of AI, and also get expert guidance for mentors within the company.
As soon as ChatGPT was launched, we were given access to test its functioning, ease of usage, and usability in various fields. Things like these make me feel I’m at the right place and time.
The future lies at Ascendion. Is it on your radar yet?
I typically only recommend an organization if I have faith in it. Ascendion is one such place. So here’s something for you to consider:
- Do you love taking on engineering challenges that push you out of your comfort zone? Ascendion will offer you those, day in and day out.
- If you cherish working with knowledgeable, empathetic, and inquisitive individuals, this is the place for you.
- Do you want to be part of a company that genuinely respects and values the opinions of all team members? A company that encourages innovation and fosters a culture of collaboration? Look only as far as our careers page.
- If you want to become a master in your field, choose your desired role and submit your application now. We’ll be excited to have you on board!